Super Mario 64 DS 2: The Next Journey is an upcoming DS ROM Hack by Splatterboy. This hack doesn't add new levels, instead it replaces every star in the game by adding new ones in different places.
Spreadsheet of progress: click here.
After Mario's adventure on Isle Delfino, he gave Luigi the Rocket Nozzle and Wario the Turbo Nozzle. He kept the Hover Nozzle himself.
Some time after, they were kidnapped by Bowser. Yoshi heard the news and returned to Peach's Castle.
- Power Flowers return and behave the same as in the original game.
- Every character can wear Feathers now.
- Mega Mushrooms and Green Shells can now appear out of ? Blocks.
Because the Y button is used for FLUDD, every character runs automatically.
To refill FLUDD you need to be standing or swimming in water and hold Y.
- Press Y to hover in the air.
- If you hold Y, you can hover in the air for 4 seconds.
- The Hover Nozzle uses 1% water per second.
- Hold Y for 2 seconds to launch in the air.
- The Rocket Nozzle uses 5% water per launch.
- Hold Y to run really fast, even over water.
- The Turbo Nozzle uses 1% water per second.
If the player reaches 0%, FLUDD will not be able to refill. This means you would need to start another save file for it to work again.
Super Mario 64 DS 2: The Next Journey will contain opening cutscenes for each main course and some side levels. These cutscenes will play each time you enter the course, you can however skip them with the Start button. You can find a list of cutscenes here.
Courses and MissionsEdit